Tuesday, September 06, 2005

It's all about being happy.....I think.

Alright, so here goes another rant for the masses. How many of us spend too much time making others happy, while disregarding our own happiness? I am not talking about putting in those extra hours at work, nor am I speaking of taking Junior to baseball practice. What I am speaking of is when we shelve our own feelings in order to make another person happy. At what point do you draw the line and stick to your guns? I know that I have comprised my beliefs on many occasions in order to do something for someone else. I know that is my fault, but where does that line start and end? At what point do you have to take a stand, in order to be able to face yourself in the mirror? I guess what I am looking for is that fine balance between personal happiness and being a good guy. I do hope that as I grow older (and hopefully a little more intelligent) that this becomes apparent to me. Until then, I guess I am flying by the seat of my pants on this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amayaky said...

Hey hun!

It's Mrs. Data frfom goonies.org! I just thought I'd leave a not because you're a fellow blogger like myself.

I totally understand where you're coming from. Why is that some people put their own happiness and well being on the back burner to please others??? I think that there is a line between nurturing others and completely neglecting yourself. We just need to find that balance. There have been times where I've stood up for myself and the result is usually not pretty. I knew that I had to do it because I was right and what that person did was uncalled for.

See ya on the board soon!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home